Florida Legal Services is seeking a Grants Specialist to join our team!
Status: Exempt, Full-time Staff Member
Rate of Pay: Depending on Experience
Location: flexible - somewhere in florida
Supervisor: Executive Director (E.D.); Director of Operations (D.O.)
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Grant Writing
- Research opportunities that match the FLS mission and vision
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to develop proposed projects, including client demographics in need, project timelines, milestone deliverables and outcomes, and budgeting to support the application
- Write grant proposals collaboratively in Google Docs
- Document grant applications in a web-based grant management system, working with D.O. to determine how best to track various, concurrent applications throughout the operating year.
- Coordinate and work with the FLS Finance department, E.D, and D.O. to process grant award paperwork and signed contracts
2. Grant Reporting and Compliance
- Use of the grant management system and shared electronic calendars
- Due dates for reporting and outcomes to funders
- Renewal applications
- Various compliance tasks by responsible FLS staff members
- Work with FLS Finance administrators to invoice funders for periodic payments
- Ongoing work with FLS staff to ensure funding compliance
- Configure and utilize web-based legal case management system reports when applicable to any given grant requirement or to assist management team or project leaders in generating internal success benchmarks and gap identification
3. Work with E.D and D.O on general fundraising and social media strategies that coalesce with existing grants and projects for which FLS is seeking funding.
4. Content creation for the FLS website, board materials, and the staff Intranet site may also be required on occasion.
Other Job Requirements and Expectations
- Must be an excellent, plain language writer with attention to detail.
- Desire to collaborate on grant proposal ideas and open to allowing other people to edit and modify your work.
- Willingness to edit other people’s work and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to look at data and large amounts of information to tell the story of focus client populations. Technical database skills are not a requirement, but the ability to see the human element in information is.
- Extremely organized and eager to utilize web-based information tools and systems.
- Must be self-directed and someone who seeks to make FLS more efficient and more effective. We want you to talk about your ideas for improving our organization.
- Communicate with coworkers in a transparent and honest fashion.
- FLS is a statewide civil legal services organization with offices in Miami, Newberry, and Tallahassee. Some travel may be required for certain project work.
- Experience with applying for and maintaining compliance with federal grants.
- Work history in a Florida non-profit, preferably in a legal, social justice or progressive policy advocacy organizations is preferred.
Work Tools Provided by FLS
- Google Chromebook
- Google Apps account
- Training provided for Google apps/Drive/Gmail/Calendar and other required work application
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- LegalServer CMS account and related training and support
- Other technology or accommodations considered by request (headsets, software, printers, etc.)
Staff/Employee Benefits Included
- Direct deposit paydays on the 15th and last day of the month
- FLS pays 100% of employee’s health insurance, dental, and vision premiums and 75% of dependent care, including life partners
- Term life insurance policy paid by FLS
- 14 paid holidays each calendar year
- Generous PTO/Leave policy
- New Parent Leave of up to 12 weeks in the event of a birth or adoption
- FLS pays for its staff attorney’s bar dues
If you are interested in working with us, please send a resume, a letter of introduction, and salary requirements in PDF format OR Google Docs format (sent to us as a link) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30, 2018. If you are offered an interview, we will request writing samples and a summary of grants sought, obtained and managed.
Florida Legal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our policy is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. FLS does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment of any form and requires the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.